- It is very important to know how cleansing works. Water is a key ingredient, naturally. With it, all water soluble impurities, dust, oil-free impurities and salt are washed off
- Soap and surfactant based (foam) cleansers are only used to remove oily impurities from your skin by dissolving them
- Foam cleansers strip away every drop of oil and your skin simply reacts by producing MORE oil, turning it into a vicious cycle of strip away and overproduction
- Gentle clay cleansers work differently by ‘scooping’ debris from pores without stripping away vital oils
MY DNA CHOICES. likes
- Free from chemical ingredients and preservatives that cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruption and cancer
- Proudly South African
"Applying toxins to our skin is almost the same as eating it! But if we dished up a plate of sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate (SLS/SLES), dioxane, parabens, propylene glycol, triclosan, synthetic fragrance and diethanolamine (DEA) – we know that we wouldn’t eat it but many of us are still happy to put these chemicals on our skin! Sodium lauryl sulphate is a surfactant, detergent and emulsifier used in nearly all toxic cleansers. SLS originates from coconuts, however, during the manufacturing process, SLES/SLS becomes contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogenic byproduct. SLS breaks down the skin's moisture barrier, easily penetrates the skin, and allows other chemicals to penetrate by increasing skin permeability by approximately 100-fold. Combined with other chemicals, SLS becomes a 'nitrosamine' a potent class of carcinogen. Parabens are used as preservatives in an estimated 13,200 cosmetic and skin care products. Parabens have hormone-disrupting qualities, mimicking estrogen, and interfere with the body's endocrine system. Studies have shown that parabens can affect your body much like estrogens, which can lead to diminished muscle mass, extra fat storage, and male breast growth. Diethanolamine or DEA readily reacts with nitrite preservatives and contaminants to create nitrosodiethanolamine (NDEA), a known and potent carcinogen. When Triclosan mixes with the chlorine in your tap water, chloroform is formed. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has classified this as a probable human carcinogen. Time to choose a non-toxic cleanser like this one!".
Oily skin | Combination skin | Blackheads
Use | Tips
- Apply a coin-sized amount of purifying cleanser on damp skin
- Add moisture and massage lightly before removing the excess cleanser with a cloth soaked in lukewarm water
Water(Aqua), Kaolin, Glycerin*, Hectorite, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Lactobacillus Ferment, Fulvic Acid, Glucose, Sucrose Laurate, Lysolecithin, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc PCA, Glyceryl Caprylate, Xanthan Gum, Pullulan, Pelargonium Roseaum (Rose Geranium) Flower Oil, Sodium Bicarbonate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Citronellol, Leptospermum Scoparium (Manuka) Leaf Oil, Geraniol, Linalool, Lactoperoxidase, Glucose Oxidase.
Store in a cool, dry and dark place due to the natural preservative.