With rich, hydrating African potato to nourish the hair, and natural fragrances of Cape chamomile, rosemary, and mint, this luxurious conditioner will define and enrich all hair types.
- Natural oils prevent greasiness and help nourish the hair from root to tip
- A naturally invigorating conditioner that untangles and softens the hair, leaving it shiny, smooth and full of life.
MY DNA CHOICES. likes
- Proudly South African
- Free for chemical preservatives that cause DNA mutations, endocrine disruptions, and cancer
"What gives our hair that smooth feeling when we run our hands through freshly conditioned hair? It is amodimethicone, a silicone-based polymer used to seal in moisture. But it comes with its own host of troubles. Dimethicones and silicones are occlusive, meaning they don’t allow something to breathe—they seal in moisture and seal out everything else. We should avoid dimethicones and silicones when possible because the scalp needs to breathe - we have many more hair follicles and sweat glands on our scalps than anywhere else on our body! So what should we use instead? Look for natural oils like jojoba, argan, rosehip, sweet almond, olive oil or shea butter. Also, we should be careful of “perfumes” that give many products their intoxicating smell and are commonly used in shampoos and conditioners. But 'parfums' and 'fragrances' are typically nothing more than a mix of chemicals. The fragrance industry is allowed to regulate itself and has no outside agency to test for safety. Many times, labels reading 'fragrance' actually contain phthalates, parabens and other chemicals linked to endocrine disruption. Even many products labelled 'unscented' are filled with masking agents that block the smell of other fragrances. Only products labelled 'fragrance-free' are truly free of fragrance and perfume. The Environmental Working Group has found fragrance mixes to be associated with dermatitis, respiratory distress, allergies and even possible effects on the reproductive system".
Use | Tips
- Apply to washed hair and gently massage into scalp
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water
- For a more intense treatment, massage into scalp and leave in for 10 minutes while in a steam-filled shower or sauna
Store in a cool, dry and dark place due to the natural preservatives.