The adrenal glands are often referred to as the stress glands or the "fight-or-flight" glands. The fight-or-flight response is mediated by the adrenal medulla. The fight or-
flight response is the way our bodies respond to stress. The stress response is caused by the action of the adrenal hormones. Symptoms of adrenal insufficiency
can be directly traced to a reduced secretion of these hormones when under stress.
Causes of adrenal insufficiency include genetic predisposition, nutritional imbalances, physical, emotional & psychological stress, stimulants, toxins, and infections.
Adrenal insufficiency can be tested using the Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis (HTMA) and can be corrected as follows:
- Nutritional assessment through tissue mineral analysis.
- A wholesome diet of natural foods appropriate for one's oxidation type and digestive ability.
- Nutritional supplements to reduce stress and enhance adrenal activity. The adrenal glands especially require vitamins A, C, E, pantothenic acid, manganese, and zinc. Adrenal glandular substance is also recommended to provide adrenal nucleoprotein and other specific nutritional factors to help rebuild the adrenal glands.
- Supplements that enhance overall metabolism, eliminate toxic metals, and enhance absorption and digestion of food.
- Lifestyle modification to reduce harmful stressors.