AllergoCHECK® is a rapid test for the detection of allergy antibodies to cat hair, grass pollen, and house dust mites. With AllergoCHECK® you can quickly and easily determine if you have increased susceptibility to certain allergies. The test is designed to detect IgE antibodies in the blood.
Sneezing, runny nose or itchy eyes are not always the symptoms of a cold. Often it is an allergic reaction to something in the air. There are, among others, three common airborne allergens: cat hair, dust mites, and grass pollen. Worldwide, airborne dust causes major problems for people with allergies.
In an allergy, the body‘s immune system reacts to essentially harmless substances from the environment (allergens) through a hypersensitivity reaction. Some of these allergens may be transmitted via the air. In the most common type of allergy (type I allergy), the immune system responds to allergen contact through the formation of immunoglobulin E (IgE) antibodies. If untreated, a persistent allergy to airborne pathogens can induce asthma.
Typical signs of an allergy
- Itchy eyes and ears
- Severe wheezing & coughing
- Shortness of breath
- Sinus problem
MY DNA CHOICES. likes
- The test serves to detect sensitisation to the corresponding allergen.
- The determination of specific IgE antibodies is one step in the allergological step-by-step-diagnostic procedure. Further testing by a doctor is required.
- Because of various parameters, allergy tests that are performed on the skin (e.g. Skin-Prick-Test) can obtain divergent results.
Who should get tested?
Children and adults suffering from frequent sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes and ears, severe wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath or sinus problems.
What should I do if I test positive?
Receiving a positive result can be difficult. Please make an appointment to see your doctor or local clinic in order to receive the appropriate treatment to ensure your optimal health.
Each kit contains
- test cassette
- an instruction leaflet
- a solution bottle with sample dilution buffer
- 1 automatic sterile lancet for comfortable blood sampling
- a glass capillary tube, a pipette
- an alcohol pad and a plaster
The self-tests are manufactured by NanoRepro AG, an ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and EC certified German company.