FerritinCHECK is a rapid test for the diagnosis of iron deficiency at home. Iron deficiency is caused by an insufficient amount of iron in the body. This may be due to insufficient dietary intake, insufficient absorption of iron or iron loss from bleeding (menstrual bleeding, ulcers or other causes of abnormal bleeding). This is more prevalent during pregnancy or growth phase and has serious health consequences. FerritinCHECK is intended as an aid in the diagnosis of iron deficiency. The final diagnosis must be confirmed and treated by a healthcare practitioner.
Iron deficiency prevalence is highest among young children and women of childbearing age. It is important that current body iron stores are sufficient. Iron is stored in a protein complex as Ferritin. Hence, Ferritin in the human blood serum is a laboratory marker of the total amount of iron stored in the body. Fatigue, headache, pallor, strong heartbeats or shortness of breath are all possible indications of an iron deficiency.
- Ferritin is a protein complex used for iron storage.
- Concentrations below 15 ng/ml indicate empty iron storage, while values up to 30 ng/ml are considered scarce.
- Causes can be, among others, growth, pregnancy, low iron uptake, blood loss or acute infections.
MY DNA CHOICES. likes
- Rapid screening for early detection.
- Minimal sample contact.
- Easy to use.
Who should get tested?
Athletes, children and women of childbearing age suffering from headaches, fatigue, or shortness of breath under strain.
What should I do if I test positive?
Receiving a positive result can be difficult. Please make an appointment to see your doctor or local clinic in order to receive the appropriate treatment to ensure your optimal health.
Each kit contains
- test cassette
- an instruction leaflet
- a solution bottle with sample dilution buffer
- 1 automatic sterile lancet for comfortable blood sampling
- a glass capillary tube, a pipette
- an alcohol pad and a plaster
The self-tests are manufactured by NanoRepro AG, an ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and EC certified German company.