DNA Test | Cancer Risk - Oncomap™
Oncomap™ is a DNA-based test that predicts the genomic risk of developing cancer.
Genetic counseling | Physician support
- In order to be HIPPA compliant and in order to protect YOU, we require a doctor's/physician's summary or a genetic counseling session before purchase
- You can either book a session with MapMyGenome directly, or choose to see your own genetic counselor or doctor before ordering this test
- Before sending you the test kit, we'll request a copy of the report or proof of the session
Advisory board for genetic counseling
Dr. Bratati Chaudhary, Senior Genetic Counselor
Dr. Bratati Chaudhary has a Ph.D. from Birla Institute of Technology, followed by a Post Doctoral fellowship at IIIT Hyderabad. She has more than 10 years of teaching and research experience in the fields of Genomics, Molecular Biology, Cytogenetics and Molecular genetics. Before joining us at Mapmygenome, she worked at reputed organizations such as BIT, IIIT, Dupont, and GeneTech.
A well known Genetic counselor among the physicians and hospitals all over India, she has great experience in counseling more than 1500 families with Genetic conditions associated with Obstetrics, Paediatrics, Neuromuscular conditions, Oncology etc. Along with being a Genetic Counselor, she is proficient in Cytogenetic and Molecular genetic laboratory diagnostic techniques.
Her specializations include:
- Pre-test and post-test genetic counseling
- Prenatal genetic risk assessment, diagnosis and report interpretation
- Preimplantation genetic screening and diagnosis
- Premarital and preconception genetic counseling
- Clinical review, data analysis and report interpretation of Whole Genome/ Exome Sequencing, CGH Microarray, Sanger sequencing, Karyotype, FISH and PCR based tests.
- Prognostic assessment of genetic conditions and diseases
- Lifestyle and health coaching
Pooja Ramchandran, VP Genetic Counseling
Pooja Ramchandran is a pioneer in the field of genetic counseling in India. She has been practicing clinical genetic counseling in India since graduating from Johns Hopkins University in 2008. She is a much sought after expert in a niche profession and, being the first genetic counselor in the country with a formal degree in genetic counseling, she is committed to establishing the genetic counseling profession in India.
Ramchandran's industry affiliations have included Eastern Biotech and Life Sciences in Dubai; Nutragene, Positive Bioscience, Mapmygenome in India. She had also consulted as a clinical Genetic Counselor at hospitals including Lilavati, Hinduja Healthcare, in Mumbai. Ramchandran takes great pride in her association with Cancer Patients Aid Association (CPAA), a non-profit organization where she is involved as a cancer genetics educator and volunteers her time and expertise as a cancer genetics consultant. She is often invited as an expert faculty to speak on medical genetics and genetic counseling at international and national conferences as well as workshops and patient advocacy groups.
- Genomic predisposition to 17+ cancers
- Lifestyle risk factors - alcoholism, nicotine dependence, etc.
- Drug response prediction based on
- Genomic counseling
|SRRM1P1-POUF51B (8q24 region)|
|Colorectal Cancer||SRRM1P1-POUF51B (8q24 region)|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||SCARB1|
|Basal Cell Carcinoma||PADI6|
|Chronic Leukocytic Leukemia||15q23|
|Other contributing genes to all cancer|
|Alcoholism||PECR, OPRM1, ANKK1, ALDH2|
|Obesity risk||FTO, MC42|
|Nicotine dependence||CHRNA5, CHRNA3|
|PSA levels||FGFR2, MSMB, TBX3, TERT, HNF1B|
MY DNA CHOICES. likes
- To be forewarned is to be forearmed. Know your genomic risk for over 15 different types of cancer
- MAP MY GENOME assess your genomic predisposition to many types of cancers and risk factors
- A state-of-the-art lab, a secure LIMS, and a powerful proprietary algorithm using validated markers add to the accuracy of the report
- Along with the test, we offer genomic counseling for understanding the report better and planning the next step of action and/or you may select your own genetic counselor
Buccal (cheek) swab