Magnesium L-threonate powers the brain
Magnesium threonate is a chelated magnesium (similar to magnesium glycinate, etc) where magnesium gets bound to threonate. This chelation provides a form or magnesium that effectively crosses the blood-brain barrier and positively impacts synapses.
Magnesium L-threonate supports healthy memory and brain function by optimizing magnesium levels in the brain.
Magnesium is essential for over 300 different biochemical reactions in the body - from cardiovascular and bone health support to energy metabolism, mood and most especially brain function.
Unfortunately, it’s hard to maintain optimal levels of magnesium in the brain. That’s a problem since a magnesium deficiency can increase with normal ageing. Metagenics Mag L-Threonate has superior absorption into the bloodstream and nervous system.
It is thought that magnesium L-threonate is involved in the formation of new neural synapses and can, therefore, be used to treat “age-dependent memory decline.”
Benefits | Features
- Supports healthy memory and brain function
- Optimizes magnesium in the brain
- Maintains the quantity and quality of synaptic connections between brain cells
- Supports important brain cell signalling pathways essential to brain health
- Metagenics Mag L-Threonate features magnesium L-threonate as Magtein®, designed to help support cognitive health
- Magnesium, a divalent cation, is important for neuronal activity as it binds to neurotransmitter receptors and is a co-factor for neuronal enzymes
MY DNA CHOICES. likes
- Packaged in glass
- Packaged in recyclable material
- One of the most aggressively studied forms of magnesium threonate is a patented product called Magteinä, developed by researchers at MIT including a Nobel Prize winner. Their research has demonstrated actual restoration of function in ageing neurons in laboratory animals. Further, it appears that this specific form of magnesium, Magteinä, may be the only form of magnesium that significantly increases the levels of magnesium in the brain
Serving Size: 2 - 3 capsules
Servings per container: 60 or 40
Amount per 2 and 3 capsules:
|Per Serving (2 Capsules)
|Per Serving (3 Capsules)
†† Magtein™ is a trademark of Magceutics, Inc. and is distributed exclusively by AIDP, Inc. Magtein® is protected under US patents 8,178,118; 8,142,803; 8,163,301; and other pending patents
Microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose), stearic acid (vegetable), and silica
Take three capsules in divided doses daily:
- One capsule in the morning and two capsules two hours before sleep as a dietary supplement, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions | Warnings | Interactions
Consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Do not exceed recommended dosages unless on the advice of a healthcare provider. If you are on medication, taking nutritional supplements, suffering from any medical condition, pregnant, or breastfeeding, it is advisable to seek medical advice before starting any new food, supplement or remedy. Do not use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Keep out of the reach of children.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry, dark place.