How is this test different?
This test is different from other food allergy or food sensitivity tests. It's also different from tests that show actual nutrient levels, for example, your magnesium levels. Instead, this test shows specific nutrient levels indirectly, in addition to much more. It shows how your body is breaking down your nutrients through your unique biochemistry. This is a far more comprehensive view and it can measure your genetic expression more accurately.
For example, instead of just showing that you are deficient in a nutrient, this test also shows whether the reason for the deficiency is due to a genetic variation that is not allowing a nutrient to be 'activated' into its most useful form. Instead of just showing you are low in an antioxidant, this test will show your oxidative stress levels.
Pair with these DNA tests
If you would like to pair your DNA predispositions with your biomarkers, then we recommend that you pair this test with the GENECOMBO test.
Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity. Marked accumulation of specific organic acids detected in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. The metabolic block may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit (a misspelling from your DNA), toxic build-up or drug effect. Several of the biomarkers are markers of intestinal bacterial or yeast overgrowth.
A full review of your biochemical status and metabolic pathway flow can help identify areas of greatest concern. Follow-up nutritional testing can monitor the effectiveness of selected treatments. Identifying metabolic blocks that can be treated nutritionally allows individual tailoring of interventions and lead to improved outcomes.
MY DNA CHOICES. likes
This test gets right down into your body's biochemistry and helps you to identify your cellular metabolic blocks and key nutrient deficiencies. This test pairs very nicely with our DNA | Health. This extensive test shows how your genetic potential for disease, at a biochemical level, is manifesting in real-time according to your nutrition, environment, and lifestyle choices. Using the test's results, you and your doctor will be better able to create a personalised nutrition treatment plan for you. Please ensure your doctor knows how to interpret the test results otherwise ask us to suggest a doctor who can.
Benefits | Features
- Children: This test is a simple overnight urine test so children can also do it. Thus, this test also has children's reference ranges, designed to provide more accurate pediatric nutritional evaluations.
- Innovative Method: The LC/MS-MS method, which is also used to screen newborns for metabolic disorders, requires very little sample preparation and processing. This technology provides more stability, accuracy, and sensitivity in measuring organic acids at low levels for optimum test results.
- Extensive Analyte List: This is a nutritional test which contains one of the most extensive biomarker lists in the industry. It includes nutritional markers such as Quinolinate, D-Arabinitol, and 8-Hydroxy-2'deoxyguanosine and thus offers great value.
- Single Urine Specimen: A single overnight urine collection makes this test very easy to do!
Who would benefit from this test?
Anyone who would like to determine one or more of the following:
- Functional vitamin and mineral status
- Amino acid insufficiencies like carnitine and NAC
- Functional B-complex vitamin need
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 status
- Mitochondrial energy production
- Markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth
- Methylation sufficiency
- Neurotransmitter metabolites
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant need
- Phase I & Phase II detoxification capacity
Anyone who suffers from:
- Weight issues
- Sleep abnormalities
- Chemical sensitivities
- Wants to measure and track their nutrigenomic expression in real-time
Organic acids levels in urine resulting from normal metabolic processes in the body.
More info about the analytes
Fatty acid metabolism:
Energy production (citric acid cycle):
B-complex vitamin markers:
Methylation cofactor markers:
Neurotransmitter metabolism markers:
Oxidative damage and antioxidant markers:
Bacterial – general:
- 3,4 Dihydroxyphenylpropionate
Test sample report
Test sample type
Overnight urine, 12 ml, frozen
Lab's name for test
Organix® Comprehensive Profile